Adult Epilepsy Nursing service
- Barnsley adult epilepsy nursing service is locally-driven and has been developed to meet the specific needs of the patients living in Barnsley.
- The service delivers against the service specification led by the commissioners
- The service has received no complaints and patient satisfaction surveys have shown 95% level of satisfaction across all areas of the service.
- We provide a very high standard of individualised care for people living in Barnsley who have epilepsy.
- Medicines management
- Rescue medication
- Employment support
- To gain effective seizure control to reduce risk to mortality and improve general health and wellbeing.
- To empower patients and encourage self management
- To empower people with epilepsy to live a full and active life by addressing lifestyle issues.
- To educate patients, carers, support staff and the public to increase knowledge and reduce the impact of stigma for patients with epilepsy
- To ensure a safe diagnosis
Accessing the service
- Tel: 01226 645180
Referrals accepted from:Consultants, GPs, Other NHS services, Other Trust services, Patients (self-referral)
- Clinical support groupBrain and mental health
- Clinical support area
- Service typeEpilepsy
- Condition or indicators
- ProviderSouth West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Fax number01226 209888
- Email address
- Clinical support by body system
- Bypass detail pageNo
- Bypass detail page and
Do you want to add this to your CPD record?
Did you find this page helpful?