Care Homes: Management of Medicines prescribing guideline
NHS Barnsley CCG in association with Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council have compiled comprehensive Best Practice guidelines, standards for care and sample documentation for all aspects of Medicines Management in relation to the Care Home setting. They include information on obtaining, storing, administering and maintaining records of medication. These guidelines clarify the responsibilities of commissioners and providers to protect service users against the risks associated with the unsafe use and management of medicines.
Food First information sent to Care Homes
All Care Homes in the Barnsley area have been sent the following information regarding nutrition:
- Guidance for residential/nursing homes on when to request nutrition support
- A guide on how to make the most of food e.g. little and often, enriching food, nourishing drinks
Care Home Alignment to GP Practices
- Clinical support by body system
- Conditions and indicators
- Due for review20 July 2016
- Traffic light
- Bypass detail pageNo
- Bypass detail page and
- Clinical Support GroupCancer, Palliative Care, Pain and Older People
Do you want to add this to your CPD record?
Did you find this page helpful?