- An updated MAG form is available, which is valid from 2016/17 onwards.
- The new MAG form and guide, along with a checklist are available here or can be downloaded directly from NHS England
On this page you will find BLANK AND STRUCTURED guided templates for components required for our Appraisals.
The WORD documents are editable but pdf documents are not. Remember NOT to save any patient identifiable data on the BEST website .
1. BLANK WORD document templates- personal content CAN be added and saved on to your computer device .
these documents will open up in WORD at the bottom of the screen - depending on where your microsoft office is on your computer.
- CPD Reflective Learning Template
- Clinical Audit Template
- Clinical Case Reviews Template
- Incident Reflection Template
- New Cancer Diagnosis Template
- SEA- Significant Event Analysis Template
- PUNS and DENS log sheet
2 .PDF Structured Templates -as these are pdf documents , own content CANNOT be added or saved. (WORD structured templates available below)
these will contain guidance on what Appraisers are looking for in our Appraisal entries .
- CPD Learning- Structured Reflective Template pdf
- Clinical Audits - Structured Template- pdf
- Clinical Case Reviews- Structured Template -pdf
- New Cancer Diagnosis- case analysis- pdf
- SEA- Significant Event Analysis template -pdf
3. WORD Structured Templates - personal content CAN be added and saved on to your computer device .CPD Reflective Learning Templates
- CPD Learning- structured Reflective template- word
- Clinical Audits - Structured Template- word
- Case Reviews- structured template - word
- Incident reflective template - blank
- New Cancer Diagnosis- case analysis - word
- Patient Unmet Needs v Doctors Educational Needs - log sheet
- SEA- Significant Event Analysis blank template -word
RCGP audit examples
- GMC: Revalidation website
- GMC: Summary revalidation guidance
- GMC: Meeting our requirements in the first cycle
- GMC: Supporting information for appraisal and revalidation
- GMC: Framework for appraisal and revalidation
- GMC: Protocol for making revalidation recommendations
- GMC: Governance handbook
- BMJ Learning: Getting the most out of your appraisal
- BMJ Learning: Top tips on developing your personal development plan
- BMJ Learning: Quality improvement activity for appraisal and revalidation in the United Kingdom
- BMJ Learning: Challenge in appraisal
- BMJ Learning: Calibrating the supporting information in medical appraisal
- BMJ Learning: Tips for appraisers
Appraisal and Revalidation support
Any queries regarding appraisal or revalidation can be referred to either:
- The appraiser (contact details will be provided in appraisal correspondence, or can be obtained from the appraisal team).
- The Barnsley Appraisal Lead: Dr Pete Lane
Telephone: 07771 660277
- The Appraisal Lead Co-ordinator: Dr Tom Heyes
Telephone: 01226 386957
- The Appraisal Office